It’s been a while since I’ve written a blog post just sharing some quick notes and general life updates, but as many of you can relate, May is a whole month of random thoughts and tasks to get done. Here’s a list of things I want to to tell you:
- Graduation is quickly approaching for our oldest. I’m not sure how I feel, although I did get teary eyed as I was helping him pack his final school lunch ever last week. I mean, seriously. This is stupid. It’s all good. It’s all good. Really, it’s good. He’ll be attending Appalachian State in the fall (only a couple of hours away!) and the media company (videography/photography/design) he started last year has really taken off. But most importantly, he’s such a good guy. I’m a happy mom–even if I have a lot of tears. (I just found this post I wrote 13 years ago when I sent him off to school.)
- Speaking of graduation, we’re hosting a small get-together to celebrate his milestone. I’m keeping it simple by doing it mid-afternoon and just having a dessert bar. Pinterest will tell me I have to do a hundred decorations, but he’s a boy and he doesn’t care. I’ve ordered some balloons and will cut some greenery from our yard.
- But. . . . before the graduation party, we have two people in our house who are turning 11 and are very serious about having their separate celebrations with their own friends. That’s fair. The life of a twin can be tough. :)
- I recently saw this on Instagram and thought it was a good reminder. Everything on social media has become so over the top and overproduced that maybe we’ve discounted the smaller, really beautiful things around us as insignificant. Personally, I still very much enjoy the accounts who share quick, blurry snippets of their day.
- And on the topic of sharing small things, I just repainted our porch floor and bought a few new things to plant recently. I also found some really cute (larger) planters at Walmart this year and they’re almost all under $25.
- I’ve also added some new outdoor finds for the patio to my Amazon store.
- I bought this round folding table a couple of years ago to use for a little eating space on our back porch but have enjoyed it so much more as a larger-scale end table. (It comes in a few colors.)
- Another random Amazon find that could be pretty draped on aforementioned table: these block print table cloths.
- New (to me) podcasts that I’ve been listening to lately: Book Gang and Wiser Than Me.
- Three great books I just finished (and will be reviewing soon): Pineapple Street, Earth’s the Right Place for Love and I Have Some Questions for You.
- I think that’s it. I know my time online is often sporadic, but thanks for still checking in, clicking on my links and supporting me. I’m eager to get back to a more regular posting schedule when life calms down. TBD.
PS–If you like this kind of quick update, you might like my monthly newsletter.
Leave a Reply