When this project landed in my inbox, I was in awe. This historical New Jersey home was recently updated by Naomi and her team at Design Manifest. They took the outdated house and gave it a colorful makeover that feels both fresh but traditional, keeping with the home’s original architecture.
Here’s a look at the foyer before:
And after Naomi’s team worked their magic:
- The red grasscloth wallpaper adds both welcoming color and texture that you wouldn’t get by just painting.
- Bright white trim is like an instant facelift.
- Rug size matters–even in the foyer. (Take a look at the difference in the before/after pics.)
- Naomi opened up the space further by hanging a tall floor mirror, floating it behind the console table. Such a smart idea!
- They worked around the floor vents by using furniture on legs.
- Gallery wall frames don’t have to match, but they kept them all in the same gold/black color family so that everything feels cohesive.
Head over to Naomi’s blog to see the rest of this home and all of the before shots so you can appreciate the transformation even more. :)