I thought I’d share a little update on one of the many projects I have going on around here these days. I’m trying to do a little sprucing up in the twins’ bedroom. Nothing major—just enough to make it a little happier for the time being. This room will most likely be changing again when/if we split them up and put both boys’ upstairs together. For now, the twins are pretty tight and wouldn’t think of going to sleep without the other one.
So,here’s my plan for a very low-budget “makeover”:
The stenciled clover wall is gone, and the whole room is this green from Benjamin Moore’s Williamsburg collection. I think it’s just about the perfect shade of green. I used two coats of their Regal Select paint and didn’t even have to prime before I covered the stencils. It’s good stuff. I pulled lamps and the IKEA bookshelf from other rooms and ordered the storage bins from Walmart that I blogged about here.
We recovered these headboards and pushed the twin beds together since they seemed to end up in the same bed, anyway. (I used this fabric.) You probably recognize the pillows from other places in our house. This was definitely an experiment in gathering from other rooms.
I’m testing this mirror out for size. It was a $1 yard sale find, and I think I’ll spray it navy. I’m also planning to take my own advice and frame some pages from this animal book.
The rug is this really soft chenille jute one that used to be in the girls’ bedroom. The boot is mine. . .