Sometimes I feel like if I post about projects I plan to do, it will make me more motivated to get them done. We’ll see if it works this time around. . . . It’s been a while since I’ve posted about our living room. You know, the space you swear you’ll spend hours lounging and reading in when you first buy the house. Then, it slowly but surely gets neglected until it’s almost completely unused.
I bought a huge abstract painting (from Craigslist) before we moved in and it quickly became the centerpiece of the room. Besides that, this room has somewhat stood still. Even worse, it has actually regressed. Here’s what it looked like initially:
- I’m going to start by painting the room the same mocha shade as my dining room. (These two rooms face one another across our entryway, and I want them to feel like one big space.)
- A big loop rug that currently never sees the light of day under all of the toys in our playroom is moving downstairs.
- The round wood/glass coffee table that previously got the boot gets to come back.
- I’m (make that, my husband, is) installing green curtain panels (from IKEA). I recently hung the same ones in our dining room.
- Our living room currently houses a big armoire that has become art central for my kids’ crayons, paint, paper and other supplies. It looks very traditional in a cherry wood tone right now. I’m considering painting it black and updating the hardware.
- My sofa needs pillows–and lots of pattern!
- And, finally, I would like to add two small sunburst mirrors above each of the two lamps. Unless I find a dirt cheap source for these soon, I think I’ll give Janell’s DIY sunburst project a try. (She always makes it look so easy!)
So, that’s the plan in a nutshell. Now, where’s the time?