I’m finally ready to get our patio set up this year and have recently seen several fun ideas for decorating outdoor rooms that I thought I’d share.
1. For oversized, durable cushions in fun prints, buy outdoor dog beds.
(Anneke found these at TJMaxx for $17!)
2. Skip the outdoor rug and paint the floor of your patio or porch instead.
3. Create a focal wall for the perfect patio backdrop:
4. Create inexpensive outdoor seating with wood pallets and cushions:
5. Use old shutters to create a privacy wall.
6. Create rustic end tables with upside down wine barrels.
7. Create a DIY outdoor pendant with flower baskets and string lights.
8. Use a mirror to open up your outdoor space, but antique it to cut down on glare.
(A “how-to” on antiquing mirrors can be found here.)
9. Planters don’t have to be “planters.” (This is an old metal toolbox!)
10. Set up your backyard like a big living room, with groupings of different chairs.
(And, use string lights to section off the different areas.)