Our Office Turned Back To Dining Room(And Office)

After my desk chair (which was really more like a glorified dining chair) bit the dust several months ago, I pulled the chairs from our last dining room out of the attic. So, for now, our office looks more like a dining room again. Although, you’ll usually find me blogging from a corner of this table:

dining room bookshelves

mirror on bookcases

I’ve also made a few new additions, including this federal mirror I found at the flea market last week:

federal mirror

And, some black and white art from a thrift store:

art

dining-room-wall

I always love mixing up chairs with a dining bench and found this skirted one online:

dining bench

If you’re new to my blog, you can see how this room started here.

Comments

I’m so happy to hear that you have extra chairs in your attic too! My family thinks I’m wacko because I change my mind so much! Thank you for the reinforcement! Love that federal mirror…so Martha Stewart! She had one in a book that I have of hers, and I always admired it! I also love the mixture of chairs and bench! Looks cozy!!

I have been blogging in my dining room for months and my “office” is collecting dust. I wonder when I’m going to do something about it! I love that table btw.

I have always loved this room!! It’s just so well done. What a great find with that federal mirror!!! I want one so badly.

4. nicole chiles says

Have you posted about how you changed your table? Did you sanded it all down? I have a similar table and would love to make it look more like what you have.

5. Gina says

Hey Emily, I love your blog!! How do you like the quality of the Kirkland bench? It looks beautiful in the pics, but curious on how sturdy it is. I have 3 elementary age kiddos :)

• says

Hi Gina, I’m happy with the quality, but it’s not the main place my kids sit to eat every day. I don’t think the fabric would be great for every day wear and tear by kids.

6. andrea says

It is so pretty! I have been wondering where you got your dark swimmer print in your hallway. Is it by Golightly (sp)?

Hooray! I am no longer the only person I “know” with a reading nook in her dining room. Of course, as an English teacher, I quite love it. It’s a space to nourish the body, mind and soul. Although I have my own office space, I am more likely to blog in that room than any other. ; )

P.S. I have to admit, I was kind of shocked when I saw you had changed it. It seems like one of your most famous spaces in this house. Fortunately, it is still gorgeous (what a shocker)!

Emily….I always love your photography….this space is so pretty and isn’t it what you see when you walk into your home? I love the bench and now I think I need one in my DR. Call me “cope cat”.

Trackbacks