This Year’s Additions to My Christmas Decor

Christmas-2012

While I don’t like to rush the holidays, I have started doing a little mental inventory of our Christmas decorations and what I want to add—and ditch—this year.  Especially after a friend kindly pointed out that there are only seven more weekends left until December 25th!

I rarely buy new Christmas decorations, but yesterday, I did a little online shopping and ended up with a few things that I thought you might want to know about.

target-antlers

Antlers are everywhere these days, and even Target has a collection now.  I ordered a pair of the gold ones and the deer head. (Right now, they’re buy one, get one 30% off.)  I thought both could be fun dressed up for Christmas and then used the rest of the year.

I’m also adding another tree this year and ordered this one from Joss & Main:

Pre-Lit Faux Kingswood Fir Tree

It’s marked down from $172 and is part of their “Season’s Greeting’s” sale that ends tomorrow.  If you’re not yet a Joss & Main member, you can sign up through my referral link here.  (Once you’re a member, you can also invite friends and earn referral credits.) I’m hoping it’s slim enough to place right beside our front door.

Have you started thinking Christmas decorating yet?  I’ve created a “Merry Christmas” Pinterest board if you’re ready for it all :)

Comments

Yes I have, bought a couple of mini pine trees already. Saw that stag head on the site, and it will be lovely over a mantle or gallery wall for sure! Happy decorating Emily!

Had not seen those at Target yet. I did pick up a stag head at Home Goods. Planned to use it with a wreath for the holidays, but it ended up finding a permanent home in our Master Bedroom during the redo.

Just FYI, we had a prelit tree and loved it for its shape but the lights flaked out on us last year. Hubby, an electrical engineer replace all light bulbs last year just to have it still be flaky. I love the tree so much I cut all the lights off if and am adding my own lights from now on.

I saw that deer head at Target and have been wondering where I can hang it. Yes, I’m going to start early this year so I can enjoy the house being done while I snuggle with my family watching Christmas movies.

7 weekends?!?! Oh my. No, I have not started yet, but I haven’t gotten that spark of inspiration yet. I have some new to me things I got at a thrift store this summer, but I haven’t dug them out yet.

I look forward to seeing what you do! I’m also wondering how my daughter will do. She is way worse than my son was about getting into things. I may need to put the tree in our entry this year. How are your twins with things?

• says

Well, I’m not sure, but I think it will be a *challenge*. Last year, they couldn’t even crawl yet… I’m not putting up a single decoration in the den/playroom where they spend most of their time.